Thursday, August 9, 2012

Park #20: Amvet Village Park - Columbus

UPDATE: I think this IS Amvets Park AFAIK. Still confused about it though, as google maps shows it as bigger than it is on my Columbus map.   

   Hmm, I screwed up. A combination of piss poor map-reading and lack of knowledge of the location led me to believe that this was the park. It seems it IS a part of it, maybe, but across the way from the real park. Or something like that. Gotta trek back over there and find out the whats what. Thats the drag about going to these places without any knowledge besides a tiny tree with a number on my Columbus map which may or may not give a coherent idea of entrances, street etc. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Passing the buck, as it were.

   Coming soon: Non-fake Amvets Village Park     




"Columbus experienced a population boom and housing shortage after World War II. A group of veterans with the help of Amvets, American Veterans of World War II, created Amvet Village which is located on the East side of Columbus"







No comments:

Post a Comment