Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Park #4: Alexander/AEP Park - Columbus

Ahhh, this is more like it after the puny Agler Road Park. Actually, come to think of it, my pal Laura said that its really called "Agler Road Parkway". So I think I may have learned that if its called a "Parkway" or "Parklands", it means its NOT a park (more or that later).

So this is a little place between the Scioto Mile (hmm... I'm doing these in order so I should get to that in about 2015) and North Bank Park. Not too much to it besides being a connection between the two. EXCEPT, its got theses which are in every halfway decent picture of downtown Cowtown...


Seriously, I've pretty much never seen a long distance shot without these being in it. Old school trestle charm (not Tressel charm... we OSU fans kinda got over that).


Kickin' it Red Hot Chili Peppers Style


So all in all, perhaps not an amazing place taken out of context, but when viewed along with its brother and sister parks interconnected along the Scioto from Downtown all the way to OSU and beyond to Worthington, quite a nice piece of real estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment